Some teeny tiny thongs for your viewing pleasure. I'd say they're each about 5cm long.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
eleven five people and link them on your post (**I elect to tag five because quality is better than quantity!)
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
1. I have a "texture" issue
I simply cannot eat certain foods due to their texture. I can't deal with it, it makes me feel ill and icky and so I don't bother. Ice cream, jelly, bananas, blegh.
2. I suffered from many months of insomnia
That was a very stressful time, made worse by awake stresses and the lack of sleep. Counting sheep does not help - I got into the 10's of 1000's; clearly, it does not work.
3. I am actually a prodigy child
well, at least I was. I started school a year early (at the tender age of 4) and was so good at English from such an early age that I was accelerated through all English related areas (spelling, reading, writing etc) by almost 2 years. Pure and utter genius.
4. I crave salad
It's strange but when I'm hungry, often the first thought is 'I want salad!' I think it's the crispness of the vegetables plus I really enjoy the vegetables that usually constitute a salad so it's actually quite a logical thought process. It's just rather abnormal?
5. I hate my toes
Not all toes, just mine. I worked in a shoe shop for quite awhile and generally feet didn't faze me that much. It's just my own toes that I find to be particularly irritating. They just don't look like nice toes. I blame Father for that one.
6. I like to feel short
Particularly when it comes to gentlemen. I really enjoy looking up at people and feeling small. I'm not really sure why? I don't particularly enjoy wearing high heels and my love of shoes extends mostly to ballet flats, which I'm quite happy to wear out on the town. I just like feeling short. Justin maintains a suitable height distance between us when he stands up straight and I'm barefoot and I like it muchly.
7. I want to own my own business
I think that after 10 or so years of teaching I'll give it a rest and see what else I can do. I've always wanted to do this and I don't particularly mind what it is I own. Perhaps a cafe or restaurant, or a boutique store or perhaps something to do with my photography if I pursue it? I think I would really enjoy the challenges it encompasses.
8. I'm scared to get married
Yeah. It is what it is. I think once it's over and done with I might cope a bit better but the actual concept of a wedding and "getting" married is all a bit much for me; I'd just prefer to "be" married. I'd like to be legally recognised as someone's wife, I just find the hoopla surrounding the whole thing to be a bit unnecessary, unwarranted and somewhat ridiculous. I hope that when I do get married that nothing will change between me and my husband and the only difference will be rings and a certificate. I don't think it should change anything and I don't think it needs to be such a big deal.
9. I should've/could've been a leftie
I'm quite naturally a right-handed person but I do many things with my left hand that I probably shouldn't? Well not shouldn't per se but rather, it would be more natural if I did them with my right hand. I think this stems from having my left-handed father teach me said things and so my muscle memory is now with my left hand. It just goes to show how influential nurture is!
10. Pens must face the same direction
Look, if you have a pencil case/pen holder etc, I feel that it is a normal request that all of the pens/pencils face the same direction. It does stress me out a little bit if they aren't and I do kind of need to correct the issue before I can really focus but I don't really think it's that strange. They look nicer if they face the same direction!
11. Subtitles are my friends
I am just a visual learner and so if I really like a show/movie, there's a good chance I'll watch it through once without subtitles and then once again with them. It just helps me connect a bit more with what I'm viewing. I really enjoy foreign films because accents and languages sound great to me but generally aren't memorable and so I like to read; I don't find it distracting in the slightest. I LOVE TO REEEEEAD!
1. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? How awkward. I don't eat ice cream... The whole texture thing. Sorry?
2. What inspired you to start blogging? Several things. It looked fun, I knew a friend from uni that blogged, my head needed clearing and I find writing to be very soothing and helpful for me. Plus it's now a way to learn about things I wasn't aware I was interested in, meet new people and further my writing.
3. What advice would you give yourself at age 5, 10, 15? Ooo. At 5 - don't talk to the smelly boy with Christmas beetles in his pencil tin. At 10 - you won't remember this boy in about 6 months, everything will be okay. At 15 - boys who treat you badly aren't worth it. BOY MAD FROM A YOUNG, YOUNG AGE.
4. What is the most meaningful present you've ever received? The ring Justin gave me for my 18th birthday. It was just shy of our one year and it was the nicest thing anyone had ever given me. I wear it every day and I love it. It means a lot that he picked it out and that he likes it.
5. What was something that was really difficult that you overcame? Big question. There have been many rather difficult things in my life that I don't think I've got overcome just yet. I think they will take time and there's a very good chance I may never be able to say that I overcame them. It just is what it is. Perhaps my grandfather dying? I'm not sure.
6. If you could time travel, would you prefer to go backwards, or forwards in time? Oh backwards for sure. Going forwards is boring because then it'll happen and it won't be fun and surprising. Going back doesn't ruin the surprise.
7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be? New Zealand I think. I love it there. Perhaps England as well. Oh to dream...
8. What 3 things baffle you the most? Religion; the card game 500 and why certain people think it's a great idea to procreate.
9. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 15. I don't know if that's good or bad. I was the first in my group of friends but we were probably the last group in the school ha ha; everyone else was very advanced. For my group, I was quite the brazen hussy.
10. Favourite book? Nope, absolutely refuse to dignify this question with an answer. There are too many that are equal first and they all deserve to be my favourites.
11. What was the first movie you remember seeing in cinema? How awkward... I do believe it was Chicken Run. I'm assuming it wasn't the first movie, just the first I remember. To this day, I LOVE that movie. 'Where there's a will, there's a way and I WILL be going THAT way!' Classic ha ha ha.
1. Weirdest dream you've ever had? (like a zzzz dream)
2. Favourite pizza topping and why?
3. On a scale of 1 to 756,382 how patient would you say you are?
4. Favourite word and why?
5. Do you prefer to be in photos or the one taking them?
6. How many soft toys reside on your bed and WHY?!?!
7. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
8. If you had to have a zoo animal walk you down the aisle (aka said animal becomes your temporary father, which could get weird but we won't let it), which one would it be and why?
9. What is your second favourite smell?
10. Lamest award you've ever received?
11. Most frequently sung song in the shower?
Megan at Across the Pond
Niina at It seems pretty obvious
Tom at My World in Crisis
Pia at Odds and Ends
Jenni at Story of my Life